**On My Own 2016 Rules
1. Competitors will have 1.30 hours to complete one hand of a set of salon-style nail extensions on yourself. You may not have a model or any assistance from anyone.
2. You must use either flat paper or metal forms or tips. White tips are NOT allowed (clear or natural tips only).
3. Competitors must use professional products only. Enhancement products containing glitter and/or any other color are NOT allowed. You may use cover pink.
4. Embellishment(s) may NOT be used.
5. The natural nails may be prepared for product application before the competition starts, but product may NOT be applied until the competition begins.
6. No colored or clear products of any type may be applied to tips prior to attaching them to the natural nail.
7. Only unaltered clear adhesives (gel-type, brush-on, tubes, etc.) may be used to attach tips to the nail. No plastic type molds of any kind may be used to form the sculptured nail.
8. All enhancement products must be applied after tips and or forms are applied to natural nails.
9. No products, such as inverted tips or any “cookie cutter” products may be used to form or assist in making a smile line. All smile lines must be done with a brush by hand. Paint on white is not allowed.
10. All files and buffers must be clean and unused; electric files and buffing products may be used.
11. Cleansing products (soaps, etc.) and moisturizing products (oils, creams, lotions, etc.) are allowed. Excessive use of oil is not permitted. It will be at the judge’s discretion to deduct points for excess oil.
12. A nail enhancement on one nail (competitor’s choice) must be polished with red cream polish or if using gel, a gel polish. Gel contestants may use red polish. Base coat, ridge filler and top coat are allowed.
13. The unpolished nail enhancements must be French-style (pink or clear and white), finished to a high shine. A gel sealant may be used, but hand must be completely free of polish.
14. On My Own will be judged in the following categories: smile lines, “C” curves, cuticle area, shape, product control, surface structure, presentation, lateral structure, length, polish or color application, finish work, and overall impression.