Competitors must use all of the following mediums for this competition. 3-D Nail Art, Hand Painted Nail Art. Failure to use less result in a 10-point deduction for each medium not used.
- Competitors may submit more than one entry, (does not apply to on line competition) but must pay a registration fee for each entry. Only entries which make it into the top 10 count toward NAILPRO Cup points. If submitting more than one entry, only the points from the highest scoring entry in the top ten count towards the NP Cup both individual and team.
- All entries must entry must consist of a set of 10 individual manufacturer tips. They may not be constructed by a lay person. They must be from a manufacturer box. The length must be no longer than 2” in length and no wider than 3/4” if they were flattened out. Tips must be graduated in size. Finished tips must be wearable. Tips must remain individual and not be secured to one another. Design may encompass all 10 tips as a picture, but tips must remain individual. If tips do not meet the requirements, the design may be disqualified or receive a point deduction. ALL
- Mixed Media Nail Art will be judged in the following categories: originality, visual interest, color, presentation, balance, design & detail, tip length, overall impression, complexity, dimension, workmanship and theme.
The theme for each Mixed Media Nail Art competition will be announced before May.
These Rules Apply to All Categories
- All of the rules specified for each individual competition category (3-D Nail Art, Hand Painted Nail Art and Airbrushing) must be followed. ALL
- Competitors may NOT use any copyrighted art, designs or logos. ALL
- All work must be completed prior to the competition. No work station, seating or electrical outlet will be provided. ALL
- Tip original color does NOT matter. ALL
- Top coat, UV gel sealant or glitter polish may be used. ALL
- **NO molds may be used to assist with any design. ALL
- Competitors may use a similar version of copyrighted art, design or logo but they must not be identical to the original. If artwork does not follow criteria judges will determine point deductions.
- Entry will be judged on presentation.ALL
- Any 3-D Nail Art, Hand Painted Nail Art or Airbrushing design that has already won first place at any NAILPROcompetition cannot be reused by the winner or copied by other competitors in subsequent Nailpro competitions. The Nailprocompetition staff will disqualify any design it considers too similar to a winning design. Any discussion with the Nailprocompetition staff about designs will be held in strict confidence. ALL
These Rules Apply to 3-D Nail Art (3-D) Only
- All 3-D nail art must be made from professional nail products (colored liquid-and-powder acrylic, light-cured gel, wraps and resin, polish, rhinestones, etc.) 3-D
- **The 3-D design may not protrude more than 1” in height from the tip surface. No part of the entry may extend over tbe 6×9″ base. 3-D
- Embellishments or adornments may be used, but must NOT exceed 25% of the overall design.3-D
These Rules Apply to Hand Painted Nail Art (HPNA) Only
- All work must be done by hand painting only. Only paint and nail polish may be used. No Gel polish. HPNA