3-D Nail Art Rules
1. Competitors may submit more than one entry, but must pay a registration fee for each entry. Only entries which make it into the top 10 count toward NAILPRO Cup. If submitting more than one entry only for on-site competitions, only the points from the highest scoring entry count towards the NP Cup, both individual and team.
2. 3-D Nail Art entries may be turned in by someone other than the competitor. You do not need to be present at the competition to enter this competition.
3. A 3-D Nail Art entry must consist of a set of 10 individual manufacturer tips. They may not be constructed by a lay person. They must be from a manufacturer box. The length must be no longer than 2” in length and no wider than 3/4” if they were flattened out. Tips must be graduated in size. Finished tips must be wearable. The design must not extend more than 1″ in height. Tips must remain individual and not be secured to one another. Design may encompass all 10 tips as a picture, but tips must remain individual. If tips do not meet the requirements, the design may be disqualified or receive a point deduction.
**4. The theme for each 3-D Nail Art competition will be announced before May. The theme must be followed on all 10 nails.
5. All work must be completed prior to the competition. No workstation, seating or electrical outlet will be provided.
6. Original tip color does NOT matter.
7. All nail art must be made from professional nail products (colored liquid-and-powder acrylic, light-cured gel, wraps and resin, polish, rhinestones, etc.)
8. Embellishments or adornments may be used, but must NOT exceed 25% of the overall design.
9. Top coat, UV gel sealant or glitter polish may be used.
**10. Competitors may use a similar version of copyrighted art, design or logo but they must not be identical to the original. If artwork does not follow criteria judges will determine point deductions.
11. Competitors must prepare and submit a written statement in two parts: one detailing the products and processes used to create the art (do NOT name specific brands or manufacturers), and one telling the story of your interpretation of the theme. Failure to provide this information will result in a 5 point deduction in overall score. DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR NAME.
**12. On-Site – Display: Ten tips must be SECURLY fastened to a plain (one color no texture no mirror), flat surface for the judging process. The size of the mounting surface is to be a maximum of 6 inches wide by 8 inches deep by ¼ tall and it must be FLAT, FLUSH AND STURDY. Any entries that do NOT meet this requirement will be disqualified at the time of turn in or judging. Digital entries – please see details in Nailapalooza Rules.
13. Entry will be judged on presentation.
14. 3-D Nail Art will be judged in the following categories: originality, visual interest, color, presentation, balance, design, dimension, overall impression, complexity, workmanship, tip length and theme.
15. Any 3-D Nail Art design that wins, or has already won, first place at a NAILPRO competition cannot be reused by the winner or copied by other competitors in subsequent NAILPRO competitions. The NAILPRO competition staff reserves the right to disqualify any design it considers too similar to a winning design. Any discussion with the NAILPRO competition staff about designs will be held in strict confidence.